Why I Wrote My First Political Thriller at 22 – A. K. Khainal
When people hear that I’m writing a political thriller at the age of 22, the first reaction is usually a question:
“Why politics?”
“Why such a serious subject?”
“Why take that risk so early?”
And honestly, I used to ask myself the same questions.
Because writing a book is one thing.
But writing about power, systems, and truth is something else entirely.
It comes with doubt.
Not doubt about grammar.
Not doubt about vocabulary.
But doubt about authority.
“Who am I to write about power?”
“Who am I to question systems?”
“Will anyone even take me seriously?”
These questions stayed with me throughout the writing process.
There were days when I deleted entire chapters.
Nights when I stared at a blank screen for hours.
Moments when I felt like the story I was trying to tell was bigger than me.
But then I realized something important.
Stories are not written by the most confident people.
They are written by the most stubborn ones.
And I chose to continue.

Comments
Post a Comment